Make Your Dreams Come True
This FREE series is sponsored by Women United
Budgeting allows you the freedom to spend money on things that are important to you while helping you achieve your financial goals.
This course will teach how to live a life of financial freedom through learning all the basics to budgeting.
After going through the course, students will have the confidence to start their own budget, update it along the way, and make it better over time so they can enjoy life while still accomplishing financial goals.
The program consists of three Wednesday evening classes; childcare and a meal will be provided at each class. Class dates: September 21, 28 and October 5. Classes will be held from 5:15-7:30pm at the Heart of Steamboat, 736 Oak Street, Steamboat Springs, CO.
WU’s Budgeting 101: Make Your Dreams Come True will be led by Scott Ford, who has taught financial literacy courses for the past 10 years to over 600 students. There will also be mentors from the community to support you through the classes.
Please note: You will need to attend all sessions to be a participant in this program.
Session 1 – Sept. 21
- Why budgeting is important – Understanding your “Personal Why?”
- Common excuses for NOT Budgeting
- How to create a budget from scratch
- How to get your partner on board
Session 2 – Sept. 28
- How to budget your income: regular or irregular
- How to make a zero-based budget
- Things to include in your budget: Expenses, Savings & Debt
Session 3 – Oct. 5
- How to make budget adjustments
- Use of “sinking funds” to plan and avoid a budget emergency
- What to cut out of your budget to make more room
- How to continue the budgeting process & accomplish financial goals
About Scott Ford, Class Instructor
Scott has been a resident of Steamboat Spring for 30 years and has been involved in local economic development efforts for the past 25. Known widely as Steamboat Springs’ data-loving, Hawaiian shirt-wearing economist who spent six years as a member of Steamboat Springs City Council until term limited in 2019.
After leaving City Council Scott turned his attention to helping people with their personal finances. He is a Dave Ramsey trained financial coach that specializes in helping people create a plan that assists them in adopting the habit of budgeting, getting out of debt and make progress toward they money goals.
Phone: (970) 819-9630